Summers in Maine are characterized by hot days and cool evenings. That’s why we love our Swans Island coastal throws, hand loomed with light, summer-weight wool. They’re light enough to keep you cool when you’re lounging on your porch in the morning, and they’re the perfect weight to keep you warm on a beach-side evening. Our summer blankets and throws are made with our special wool, which keeps heat, but wicks away moisture. It’s much more ideal than cotton throws and blankets, which lose their warmth when they soak up water and sweat. And because the process we use to spin and treat our wool is less harsh than typical processes, we retain much of the wool’s natural lanolin, resulting in luxurious loft and softness. A lot of thought and care go into our summer weight coastal throws. But don’t take our word for it.
Visit our studio to feel the difference for yourself! All of our summer weight products can be purchased online at www.swansislandcompany.com
Summer is, hands-down, the best time to experience in Maine. In celebration of our favorite season, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite items this summer. What are some of the things on your summer must-have list?
1. Boardworks Raven Stand-Up Paddleboard (L.L. Bean)
2. Swans Island summer weight Coastal Throw
3. Sunpocket Sunglasses (available at Day Trip Society)
4. Pinstripe beach towel (More & Co.)
5. The Rangeley Camp Collection Market Bag
6. ANK Ceramics Beer Cups (available at Sugar Tools and More & Co.)
7. Native Shoes
8. Soludos Beach Paddles
9. A Sunny Afternoon Picnic Basket
10. The Maine Dog Collar (available at The Maine Dog store in Camden)